33 Varieties – Carefully Chosen for the South
Do Your Customers Want Low Maintenance Lawns?
Are They Looking for an Attractive Alternative to a Traditional Lawn Grass?
Do your customers know that Stepables® can be used in place of mulch?
Stepables may be the exact product they are looking for. Stepables® are perennial ground covers that tolerate foot traffic and can be used as lawn and mulch substitutes.
Give us a call at (800) 334-5770 or contact us to find out how you can order Stepables today.
SPECIAL OFFER: Initial orders of 20 flats or more will receive a FREE POP package consisting of the familiar yellow Happy Guy and large sign with attachable brochure holder and 100 brochures. (While supplies last so order early!)
- Low maintenance grass or mulch alternative
- Different varieties to meet consumer tastes
- Great as a landscaping accent
- Attractive retail packaging
- Point-of-purchase materials available
After the exceptionally hot summer of 2010, we have pared out list slightly and are growing the varieties that will hold up to southern heat and humidity. Here is a list of the varieties we have chosen.
- Variegated Pennywort (Hydrocotyle sibthorpiodes)
- Blue Star Creeper (Isotoma fluviatilis) – #1 Selling Stepable!
- Miniature Brass Buttons (Leptinella gruveri)
- Black Brass Buttons (Leptinella x Platt’s Black)
- Golden Creeping Jenny (Lysimachia nummularia Aurea) – discontinued
- Mazus reptans Alba
- Mazus Motley (Mazus radicans)
- Mazus Purple ( Mazus reptans)
- Creeping Wire Vine (Muehlenbeckia axillaris)
- Dark Blue Star Creeper Pratia ‘County Park ‘ (Pratia pedunculata)
- Little Star Creeper (Pratia pedunculata)
- Super Star Creeper (Pratia pendunculata Alba)
- White Star Creeper (Pratia angulata)
- Pixie Cream Rockcress (Arabis caucasica)
- Irish Moss (Sagina subulata)
- Scotch Moss (Sagina subulata Aurea)
- Blue Carpet Purple Form (Sedum hispanicum)
- Coral Carpet Stonecrop (Sedum album)
- Goldmoss Stonecrop (Sedum acre)
- Baby Tears Stonecrop (Sedum album chloroticum)
- John Creech Stonecrop (Sedum spurium)
- Mossy Stonecrop (Sedum lydium)
- Variegated Stonecrop (Sedum lineare)
- Archers Gold Thyme (Thymus citricodorus)
- White Creeping Thyme (Thymus praecox Albiforus)
- Red Creeping Thyme (Thymsu preecox Coccineus)
- Pink Chintz Thyme (Thymus serpyllum Pink Chintz)
- Wooly Thyme (Thymus praecox Pseudolanuginosus)
- Elfin Miniature Thyme (Thymus serpyllum Elfin)
- Magic Carpet Thyme (Thymus serpyllum Magic Carpet)
- Bronze Dutch Clover (Trifolium repens Atropurpureum)
- Veronica Turkish (Veronica liwanesis)
- Veronica Georgia Blue (Veronica penduncularis)
- Veronica x New Century
STEPABLES® are tough, earth-friendly, easy-to-maintain perennials that take foot traffic. These little green heroes can liberate your customer’s landscapes from that not-so-green mower, cut down on the use of chemicals and create lovely beds of color!
In addition to the traditional use in landscaping and perennials beds, STEPABLES® are also great for walkways, patios, retaining walls, rock gardens, herb gardens, mulch replacements and children’s play areas.
Parks Brothers is growing a nice assortment of the most popular, toughest and most drought tolerant varieties of STEPABLES®.