We are continuing to expand our selection of Proven Winners plants that we are growing. We make our selections of which Proven Winner plants to grow based on two criteria: flower color and popularity. The plants and colors we have chosen are unique colors that are not readily available in other lines of plants and/or a popular selling plant in the PW line.
Proven Winners plants are know for their distinctive plants and reliable performance. That’s because Proven Winners partners with the top plant breeders around the world to ensure their varieties are vigorous, healthy, vibrant, and unique.
We are excited about the Proven Winners line of plants and hope that it is successful for you. As you probably are aware, Proven Winners is the #1 Plant Brand in America. All of our Proven Winners plants are grown in the white PW pot and matching white tray to compliment the PW branding and POP which allows for garden center to create displays to drive sales.
We hope that you like the plants we have added this year and welcome any suggestions for changes or further additions.
- Bacopa Snowstorm Giant Snowflake – Giant Snowflake has larger blooms than standard Bacopa (sutera) varieties which produces an impressive display of large, white flowers.
Superbells Calibrachoas are covered in hundreds of small, petunia-like flowers on compact plants that grow 6-12″ tall. Superbells are disease resistant and are able to handle a wider range of temperatures and weather conditions than petunias. Click here to buy online at www.buygardenvegetables.com.
- Blackberry Punch – Violet Wine Petal Edges with a Large Midnight Black Center
- Cherry Star – Cherry Red with a Yellow Star
- Dreamsicle – Orange Shades
- Evening Star – Light Purple with a Yellow Star
- Grape Punch – Purple with Dark Purple Center
- Holy Moly! – Light yellow edges with darker yellow throat and splotched cherry-red star
- Lemon Slice – Yellow and White Pinwheel Pattern
- Pomegranate Punch – Deep Velvet Red with a Dark Center
Vermillionaire Cuphea is heat and humidity tolerant. The narrow flowers are bright orange and will attract hummingbirds. This low maintenance plant will bloom from spring until the first frost. Click here to buy online at www.buygardenvegetables.com.
Blue My Mind Evolvulus is a great spreading/trailing plant that combines stunning blue flowers with heat and drought tolerance. Blue My Mind is a great plant of hanging baskets, containers and edges of beds. Click here to buy online at www.buygardenvegetables.com.
Grasses can add interesting texture to any landscape. They come in a variety of colors and sizes to fit different applications from container gardening to xeriscapes.
- Carex Toffee Twist – Graceful, bronze leaf blades that arch gracefully with a twist
- Cyperus Baby Tut – Sturdy green stems support an umbrella of equally green blades
- Pennisetum Fireworks – A variegated variety of Pennisetum with showy displays of green, white, burgundy and hot pink leaf blades
- Stipa Mexican Feather – Tan flower plumes on slender green foliage
Helichrysum Icicles has needle-like leaves that are grayish green with traces of silver. It has an upright, spreading habit that works well in containers as well as landscapes and rock gardens. The foliage is the main attraction and there are no significant flowers or fruit. This is a low maintenance plant that deer tend to pass up for tastier treats.
Lobularia are mounding and trailing plants that perform well in the heat. Lobularia is a close cousin of alyssum and shares its fragrant blooms. The lobularia blooms are self-pruning and since they have a lot of blooms on each plant, they tend to be a little messy in baskets and containers so keep that in mind when you use these beautiful lobularia in containers.
- Dark Knight – has masses of purple and lavender flowers on mounding plants that are heat and drought tolerant. The flowers are fragrant and will keep blooming all summer.
- Snow Princess – Snow Princess is a vigorous lobularia that is both cold tolerant and heat tolerant. The fragrant flowers are self-pruning. Snow Princess does best in containers either alone (monoculture) or in combinations with other vigorous plants, but also performs well in landscapes.
Sunsatia Nemesia’s bright, bold colors make it a great choice for spring containers. Sunsatia Nemesia is more heat tolerant than other nemesias, but planting in landscapes in the south should be planned carefully to provide adequate afternoon shade and water. In our opinion, Sunsatia Nemesia is best suited to large containers. Click here to buy online at www.buygardenvegetables.com.
Symophony Orange Osteospermum is the best orange osteospermum available. The Symphony Osteospermums are low maintenance plants that are used on both spring and fall planting. Click here to buy online at www.buygardenvegetables.com.
Zinfandel Oxalis had dark burgundy to black shaded clover leaves. This type of clover is sterile and non-invasive. Zinfandel looks great in spilling out of container.
Supertunia Petunias have been bred for heat tolerance and will continue to perform in landscapes long after other petunias have succumbed to the heat and humidity. Supertunia Petunias also do well in cooler temperatures. Click here to buy online at www.buygardenvegetables.com.
- Black Cherry – eye-catching deep red blooms
- Limoncello – bright pale yellow blooms with dark yellow throats
- Picasso In Pink – unique pink blooms with chartreuse edges
- Rose Blast Charm – raspberry edges with light pink star in the middle
- Violet Star Charm – white edges with a violet star in the middle
- Vista Bubblegum – long blooming bubblegum-pink blooms on vigorous plants
- Vista Silverberry – white or very light pink flowers with dark pink veins
Superbena Verbena are vigorous verbenas that are also heat tolerant and mildew tolerant. Superbena are self-cleaning so that no deadheading is necessary. They do great in containers but preform well in landscape beds too. To top it all off, Superbena tolerate dry soils and lower fertility.
- Royale Peachy Keen -peach, salmon and coral shaded of blooms
- Royale Plum Wine – deep plum blooms
- Royale Red – dark red blooms